Learning and Progress Assistant
Closing date: Apply by 12 noon on Friday 10th June
Job start September 2022
Salary: Grade Scale 2 (SCP 3 - 4) (£17,550 – £17,869)
Contract Type: 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks a year
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours of work: 8.30am – 3.30pm
We are seeking outstanding Learning and Progress Assistants with a passion for working with pupils of all abilities, with the talent to drive our pupils to achieve outstanding results.
As a school, we pride ourselves on our inclusive approach to ensure that all children make progress. Behaviour is good and children are keen to learn. We value our community ethos.
Since our Ofsted in November 2019, we have embedded our key approaches to teaching reading, writing and maths through the use of whole class reading, Talk for writing and White Rose maths. In September we will be moving into our third year of working with the maths hub which provides excellent support for staff to teach and consolidate maths mastery. In EYFS and KS1, we are using Little Wandle as our accredited phonics and early reading scheme.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience working with and supporting children to enable them to make accelerated progress in their learning;
- Excellent English, Mathematics, IT and communication skills;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the school’s role in educating pupils and the importance of promoting the moral, spiritual, social and cultural development of pupils from a multi-cultural community;
- An understanding of the National Curriculum and of the varied needs and difficulties presented by pupils with special needs;
- Enthusiasm to ensure that pupils get the education which they rightly deserve;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, pupils and parents;
- Ability to raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all pupils regardless of ability;
- Willingness to be a team player and go the extra mile to uphold our values;
- Commitment to the safeguarding of pupils;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach;
- Professional manner at all times.
For further information about the role, please refer to the Job Description
If you are passionate about innovative education, have a commitment to personal excellence and are ready for a new challenge, we welcome your application.
In order to apply for this position please follow the link to our website and complete an application form
References will be requested for those shortlisted ONLY and prior to interview.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Visits are welcome and recommended – please contact Abbie Moran to book firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 10th June 2022
Shortlisting and Interviews: w/c 13th June 2022
De Lucy Primary School is committed to achieving equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and voluntary helpers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service [DBS] under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 will be required for the successful applicant. We use robust recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that the people selected are right for the job, and that all candidates are appropriately screened prior to appointment.
Updated 27th May 2022